Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Mango: Some Assembly Required



We've made it to week 23! Adelynn is now about 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound, about the size of a large mango. One big development this week is the fact that she can feel Jamie move and dance. So, in honor of the picture above, we've created a dance called the Mango. It's a combination of the always popular Macarena and the classic Tango. Don't ask. What happens behind the doors of our house stays behind the doors of our house!!!

I got to feel her kick for the first time last week, which was great. She seems to really get excited after supper, so I've been trying to cook some of Jamie's favorites for her. Jamie tells me that Adelynn really likes spaghetti, but I think that that is just her way of telling me that she likes it. Oh, well. At least I like spaghetti, too. I'd better, considering we've had it twice a week for several weeks now!!!

I tried to talk Jamie into using the middle name of Flurry for Adelynn, but I see that it didn't quite make the list above. It's pretty amazing to me that we are already to the point of coming up with names and such. Only about 17 more weeks to go, and we'll have a little mango in the house.

In other news, I found out what "Some Assembly Required" means over the weekend. We ordered our stroller (Thanks, Grandma Phegley) and our Pack 'n Play, and they came last week. So, being the father, the job naturally fell upon my shoulders to assemble these things. The stroller was a piece of cake, considering all I had to do was snap the wheels on. But the Pack 'n Play may very well have been one of the most annoying things I've ever set my eyes upon!!! After finally getting the thing put together, we decided to move it to the living room. Guess what didn't fit through the doorway!!! Luckily I learned a few things the first time I put it together. There are just enough weeks of this pregnancy left to forget everything I learned in time to move it back to the family room!!! Such are the perils of fatherhood!!! Take care.

Ryan

1 comments:

Rhonda said...

Ro - don't be too hard on yourself! You were AWESOME in figuring out my garage door opener and I truly am grateful!! You are going to be such an awesome dad! Adelynn is one lucky girl to have such incredible parents! (She's got some pretty cool relatives too!)