Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Huntington University

Well, today I had an interview for a possible nursing faculty position with Huntington University. I attended HU for my freshman year of college and loved it! I only left because they did not have a nursing program. I have always said that if I could return someday, I would jump at the chance. About a week ago, the director of the nursing program emailed me and asked if I was still interested in a position with HU as part of their new nursing faculty. As excited as I was, I informed the director that I was pregnant and due in August which I figured would deter her. Much to my surprise, she was looking for candidates to begin in Jan. 2009. I went for the interview today not knowing exactly what to expect and not sure of where I really want to be in January. The interview went really well, however, the job is for a full-time position. We always thought I would work part-time while our kids were little. I will have another interview this fall and then potentially be offered the job to begin in January. Of course, I am thankful to have this as an option, however, I am a little hesitant about it being full-time. Ryan and I will be praying for God's direction in this as we look to the future. We thank you in advance for your prayers and support during this time of great transition in our lives.

0 comments: