Thursday, April 17, 2008

Babies 'R Us

Well, we survived the registering experience at Babies 'R Us last night! I let Ryan operate the gun, which kept him occupied while I tried to decipher all we needed. I just wish there could be one more brand of bottles to choose from! HA! I think companies just like to invent 18 different ways for a new parent to bathe their child to try to confuse the already overwhelmed parents. I bet we stood in the tub aisle for 10 minutes trying to decide which one would be the best for us. Luckily, I have a patient husband who enjoys bath toys and was busy scanning items like the penguin toy while I was trying to make a decision. I haven't really looked to see what else he might have scanned while I wasn't watching! After we got home I realized all the things I had forgotten, but figured we had some time to finish up later.

In other news, my Grandma Phegley is back in the hospital. My mom and I spent most of today in the ER waiting for test results when they decided to admit her around 3:30. She has the beginning of a bowel obstruction. She had some exploratory surgery done on Monday and her bowel has just not started up again like it should. Hopefully some fluids and electrolytes will help reverse the problem. We are all praying for a speedy recovery. I was able to read almost the entire book written by the families affected by the Taylor University crash 2 years ago while sitting in the ER today. What an incredible story of faith and hope in the midst of crisis! The book is called "Mistaken Identity" and it is a really fast read for anyone who is interested.

One other thing, our nephew, Jacob, made me laugh so hard yesterday. He is learning to wave and clap right now and has mastered both of them fairly well. Yesterday, his mom opened the front door to let him watch the cars go by and he was so happy that he was waving and clapping as they watched. It wasn't too long before Abby realized he was waving and clapping for a funeral procession!!!!! Oh well, hopefully he brought a smile to someone's face who was having a rough day! He is so darn cute!!!! Aunt Jamie thought it was pretty funny that he enjoyed the parade of cars so much!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I get to work... only 19 more weekends to work before the baby comes! YIPPEE!!!!

0 comments: