Thursday, May 1, 2008

Huntington University

Well, as most of you have read, I had an interview with HU last week. It has been a goal of mine to return there to teach since I left to pursue nursing. Ryan and I have been praying and discussing the idea of the position being full-time for the past week and decided that I would not pursue the job any further. One of the things we value is the thought of being able to spend as much time with our kids as possible and me starting out in a full-time position does not fit into that picture very well. I have been a tad emotional over this decision, but I know it is for the best and something else will come along. So, if you know anyone who needs a nurse practitioner (on a part-time basis), let me know!

1 comments:

Deanna said...

Girl, I know that those "career decisions" can be so difficult as kids enter the picture. I heard a very wise mom once say, "We think that we're supposed to have it all...." She spoke to the fact that we CAN "have it all...." (the mommyhood experience we desire, the career, etc.) we just can't always have it all right now. Meaning.... there are seasons!

You are a very gifted young woman.... and I'm sure many, many opportunities will come your way. I wouldn't be surprised if you are a professor at Huntington someday.... someday when the season of life is a better fit! For now, you'll treasure every moment that you have with little Adelynn!