Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

Well, I am stealing this idea from a fellow-blogger friend of mine (Thanks Deanna!). She posts 5 things she is thankful for every Thursday. I find this idea refreshing and a welcome change in my somewhat ungrateful attitude. So, I am going to attempt to do this on a regular basis. Hopefully, it helps me remember all I have to be thankful for! Here it goes...

Today, I am thankful:

1. For a husband who loves Jesus and loves me!

2. For a clean house!!!!!! I have spent the better part of the last two days cleaning our house. I even made our bed two days in a row which might be a record around here... GASP (I know most of you probably make your beds everyday, but that is usually not the case around here!) I even came up with an idea for a new invention while I was cleaning: a device that allows you to clean crown molding without climbing on chairs and clean the baseboards without getting on your knees! I used a baseball bat yesterday to get this job done, but think there is surely an info-mercial out there somewhere screaming for this product!

3. For a healthy pregnancy so far. Despite the morning sickness (which has almost completely subsided as of late), I have felt good and Addy seems to be developing on schedule! Praise God!

4. For finals next week (not exactly the final exam itself, but the fact that next Tuesday will end my time spent in a classroom for awhile! All of my summer classes are online!)

5. For brownies baking in the oven! YUM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i think there might be an info-mercial already. would one of those extendable swiffers work???

jwb
aka squeak
clyde

Deanna said...

YEA! Welcome to the world of "Thankful Thursday"! It's my reminder each week (to myself!) to notice the little things.... like tulips!

If it makes you feel any better, we're HORRIBLE about making the beds around here! I figure.... why make it when we're just going to climb back into it again?!! :) While you're making inventions, can you come up with something that will mop my floor for me?!!