Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am thankful for...

1. Grace... I certainly use my share of this everyday!

2. For tired legs... I finished my second week of clinicals today and I am so tired tonight. However, I am grateful because I know my body feeling tired hopefully means that in some small way I have helped someone else's body heal. I am realizing more and more everyday that nursing is exactly where I am meant to be!

3. Hot fudge... I have my glucose tolerance test tomorrow, so I am thankful for each and every bite of sugar I have had over the past couple weeks. I have a feeling these Thankful Thursday posts might contain a food item for the remainder of my pregnancy (hopefully tomorrow won't bring an end to the sweet options in my diet).

4. For yellow walls in the baby's room. We were planning on re-painting Matthew's room when he was a girl to go with the pink and brown motif, however, due to our little surprise, we have discovered that the yellow walls are perfect with the bedding set we chose! Hallelujah for no painting!

5. Steven Curtis Chapman. For those of you who do not know this man, he is an incredible Christian musician. Ryan and I have been blessed by his concerts on more than one occasion. We danced to one of his songs at our wedding. This morning we were heartbroken to read that his youngest daughter, Maria, was killed in a tragic accident at their home. He has blessed our lives so many times, and we are thankful for his witness to the world. Would you join us in lifting his family up over these next difficult days and weeks? If you would like to read more about their ministry or their family you can visit his website: http://stevencurtischapman.com

0 comments: