Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

Today, I am thankful for...

1. Being done with clinical!!!!! I finished clinical on Tuesday this week. Now, all I have left is to finish a couple online classes that should wrap-up by the end of July and pass boards sometime in September! I am definitely relieved to have reached this milestone in life and looking forward to the job search sometime this fall. We have decided that unless something just happens to fall in my lap, that I will start looking for a job once our little one arrives.

2. Online banking. I love this little feature that we use all the time! It makes paying bills and monitoring spending so much easier! Plus, I don't think I have purchased stamps for 6 months or longer!!!

3. Varicella titers. I have been exposed to 2 people who were contagious for chicken pox and am going to be seeing someone who thinks they might have shingles this weekend. When I was little, I only had 2 spots when my sister broke out with chicken pox all over her body. I have never known whether I was immune or not, but with all the exposures over the last couple weeks, I became a little nervous. I would rather not get chicken pox while I am pregnant. I had a titer drawn last Friday at work and it came back immune, meaning that the 2 spots I had were sufficient and I am not at risk of getting the pox again (I could still get shingles, but the risk is not as great and I can only get them from someone who has chicken pox-doesn't make much sense to me)!

4. A clean house. My parents sent their cleaning lady to my house this week because I am having a party and everyone thinks I should not be inhaling cleaning fumes in my "condition." I am looking forward to not having a condition anymore once Matthew arrives. Anyway, my house looks great and I have spent the better part of the week trying to decide what to do with myself since I haven't had too much cleaning to do. Thanks Mom and Dad!

5. Beautiful weather! I have loved the past couple days of mid-70's. I even sat out on the deck with my Grandma on Tuesday afternoon. She was wrapped in a blanket and had her gloves on with hand warmers in them, but the temperature and breeze were perfect for me. I even managed to get a little sun in the process!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 comments: