Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thankful Thursdays!

Today, I am thankful for....

1. Pedicures. After working up a sweat trying to remove my toenail polish this morning, I decided it was time to treat myself to a pedicure!!! I went to one of the local nail salons and they were happy to oblige me. Of course, I messed up one of my nails as soon as I put my sandal back on!!!! Oh well, they look better than if I had done them myself!

2. Air conditioning! Every time I walk by the air conditioner, I turn it down a degree! Ryan is freezing, but I am still sweating! Last night the air was on, the fan was running on high in our bedroom, and I was still way too hot! I am so thankful we have the luxury of staying as cool as possible on these 90+ degree days!

3. The Culligan Man. Ryan and I decided a couple months ago to have the local Culligan man deliver our salt for us. We found ourselves letting the tank set empty for several days (possibly weeks) before we would venture out and get more salt. He came this morning and filled us up! Now, if only I could find someone to come and fill my refrigerator for me!

4. A day off from work this week! I have Saturday night off this week from work! My first baby shower is this weekend, so I took Saturday off. After working every weekend since last August, it is such a nice break to have a day off! I am almost looking forward to going to work tomorrow night!

5. Passing my glucose tolerance test! After repeating the test due to hospital error, I found out this week at my doctor's appointment that my glucose level is just fine! I was actually kind of surprised by this considering the amount of sugar I have ingested over the last couple weeks! I have decided to try and cut back on the amount of sweets, however, I am pretty sure Matthew is going to come out asking for Skittles or a Little Debbie Nutty Bar!

Have a great weekend!

0 comments: