Thursday, July 3, 2008

Big Baby Means Big Diapers



ONLY 8 WEEKS TO GO!!! It hardly seems possible to think that in less than two months, we will be with child! Jamie seems calm as can be. I am trying to act like I am, but inside I am just as anxious as a three year old the night before Christmas. I'll try to contain my excitement enough to finish the growth report. Matthew now weighs about 3.75 pounds (about the size of a large jicama). Don't ask...I don't know what a jicama is, either. He should be about 17 inches long, and will gain about a pound a week over the next 7 weeks. Which, if I do my math correctly, does that mean we'll be having a 10.75 pound baby??? Holy big baby!

In other Peppler news, we bought a minivan last week. No, it's not orange. Actually, it's black. It's a 2007 Kia Sedona. We started a tradition several years ago of naming every car we have had. For instance, Jamie's Alero was named Beverly. My Explorer was named Malcolm (Malcolm Ex). My sister had a Cougar that she named Johnny Cougar. Just another example of how odd we are. The problem is that our new vehicle does not have a name. I'll put a picture of the van below. We need a name for our van. Send us your entry, and you'll receive a prize*.



*Prize mentioned above is purely the satisfaction that you named our van. Thank you for playing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Arizona as in Sedona, AZ? Or Beauty, like Black Beauty.

Steve & Jen said...

First - a jimaca is a root vegetable that tastes like water chestnut. Excellent in salads :-)

And the big black van reminds us "Up North" people of a black bear, so the Obreiter vote is for Pete, as in Grizzly Pete.

Anonymous said...

Sadie, ya know....Sadie Sedona. Okay...cheezy, but I tried. I really need that satisfaction! :)

Jimaca is just like "steve and jen" said...it tastes like a water chestnut. DELICIOUS!