Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thankful Thursdays...Ryan Style

Today, I am thankful for...

1. A baby heading the right direction. We had a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and Jamie's doctor seems to think that Matthew has decided that head-first is the way to go. Talk about an answer to prayers! Soon, he'll be heading on out!

2. Oreos. Jamie and I went to the grocery last night to get some things for this weekend. Oreos were not on the list. Jamie sent Ryan to get things near the Oreo aisle. Oreos jumped into the cart. Ryan eats a whole row of Oreos before bed. Ryan is happy.

3. Being NEAR family and friends. Seriously, has anyone noticed the ga$ price$?

4. My beautiful wife. She is still getting no sleep, is uncomfortable most of the time, and has to live with a husband who doesn't always find the right words to say at the right times. With all that is happening to her, she continues to amaze me with her love and grace toward me. I love you, hun.

5. Our independence. This weekend, when we are partying and having a great time with family and friends, I hope all of us remember the ones that have served and are serving our country. I am so thankful to live in the United States of America. One of the reasons why this country is so great is because of the soldiers who protect it. I have the greatest respect for those men and women who have given the ultimate sacrifice to our country. My prayer is that they will someday soon be able to come home to their families.

0 comments: