Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

Today, I am thankful for:

1. Beautiful weather! I have been able to spend some quality time outside over the last couple weeks. I was so worried that I would be miserable this summer with the heat, however, so far so good.

2. Encouraging people. I have been blessed with some really encouraging people in my life during this pregnancy, people who say things like, "I can hardly tell you are pregnant" even though I know there is no mistaking it these days. I have become more conscious of what I say to people throughout this process. I have decided that no one wants to be told, "You look puffy," whether they are pregnant or not (yes, someone actually said this to me at the end of a 12 hour shift at work).

3. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Cream. Well, I must say I was not a firm believer in this stuff until I actually tried it. In all my schooling I have been told that stretch marks are familial and you cannot really prevent them. Well, a few weeks ago, my belly started to erupt with them. I have been a tad self conscious about it, even with Ryan, so I bought some Palmer's just to try it. After only a few days of using it, I can tell that they are starting to fade already! HOORAY! Now, I just smell like cocoa butter all the time which makes me hungry!

4. Our recliner. Last night around 1:30 I developed the most awful heartburn. I couldn't stand laying flat, so I got up and went and slept in the recliner. I was able to sleep great until about 6 AM when Ryan was up and around. I went back to our bed then and was able to sleep for another hour or so. That recliner has been a lifesaver on a couple of occasions throughout this pregnancy.

5. Christian Athletic Camp. One week from Saturday Ryan and I will be heading to Grand Rapids, MI to counsel at CAC. This will be my 9th year at camp (5 years as a camper, 4 as a counselor). It is one of the highlights of our summer and we are so excited to be able to go this year!!!! Please pray for the campers and the counselors as we all prepare to converge on Caledonia Middle School for a week full of sports and Jesus!!!! It's always such an incredible time!

0 comments: