Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thankful Thursdays...

Bet no one thought we would post our thankful Thursdays early!!! We're sneaky!

Today, I am thankful for...

1. My new job. I had Onboarding today... not really sure what the definition of onboarding is, but it was just a general overview of my job. It was good to get started and learn a little bit about Dupont Hospital. I received my name badge so now I can clock in and out! Hey wait... I am salaried, so I won't be clocking in and out... oh well, at least people will know my name!

2. Matthew officially has 1 tooth and is working on the 2nd one. He has been a tad fussy today, but we are thankful that our little guy is growing and developing on schedule!

3. My dad is back to work!!! He has been working partial days all this week. I think he is glad to be back and has enjoyed seeing some of the people he has missed over the past couple months. If anyone sees him out and about in his plaid shirts and plaid mismatched pants, please just look the other way! His jeans are still really irritating, so he can only handle them for a few hours a day. The rest of the time he looks like a 90 year old man who didn't turn the lights on when he was picking out his clothes for the day!

4. Tilapia trial. Well, I tried making tilapia tonight. Ryan liked it and scarfed it down... I was not too impressed. I think it might be because the seasoning we tried on it is what my mom uses on chicken... I thought it should taste like chicken, but it didn't. We'll have to try again soon!

5. A free facial. A friend of mine has a gift certificate for 2 free facials tomorrow and she invited me along! HOORAY! I have never had a facial before, but I am excited to join her!

Have a great weekend... my last one at work!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie, it's Jon...try using a blackening seasoning with a little bit of olive oil. I cook fish all the time on the grill and sometimes on a pan and I almost always blacken it unless it is salmon.