Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Job Update

Well, I am finished working for the week! That sounds so weird to me as I am typically just starting to think about going to work for the weekend by this point in the week. My final night at Lutheran was less than stellar. I worked my 12 hour shift and at 3 AM Sunday morning, my replacement did not show up. We think there had possibly been some miscommunication as she had just arrived home from her honeymoon the previous night and we aren't sure she knew she was supposed to work. So, I got to stay at work and did not get home until after 6:15... needless to say, I was tired and we had a family Christmas that day.

Monday morning bright and early, I was on my way to my new job. I worked Monday 8A-6P, Tuesday 7:30A-12:30P, and today 7A-12P. I am about pooped. I am glad I was able to get the hours in before most of the storm hit though. Matthew and I got home just in time to watch the rest of the snow come down.

As far as work, I am a tad overwhelmed and have learned a great deal this week. I am learning that ortho is definitely not my strong suit which is a lot of what I will be doing in this new job. I know it will take some time to get comfortable, but so far I am enjoying this new adventure. The most exciting part is that I am finished with work for the week!!!! HOORAY!

0 comments: