Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Job!!!

Well, for those of you who have been wondering... I have officially accepted a job as a nurse practitioner. I will be working at Dupont Hospital in Fort Wayne in their Health Services Department... In fact, I will be their Health Services Department. There are some really great perks to this job:

1. It's only 20 hours/week, so I still have plenty of time with my baby!
2. Dupont Hospital is in the same network as Lutheran, so all my benefits/seniority transfer with me.
3. I get to make my own schedule.
4. No holidays!!!!
5. No more weekend nights (after this weekend)!
6. I will have my own office!
7. I am using my degree!

The job is not perfect, but as you can see, it is a great starting point and hopefully somewhere I can grow! I know I will learn a great deal in this setting and with the flexibility of the schedule, I can see myself in this position for awhile! I have something called "Onboarding" in the morning and then I officially start next week! I am looking forward to a change of pace and meeting new and exciting people! Will let you know how it goes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news! I am so excited for you Jamie! Congrats! Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! That is exciting! I know you were really looking forward to this opportunity, so I am glad that it worked out! :) Now, you will be literally one mile from my house when you are working, so there will be no excuses for us not to get together for dinner every once in a while! GOOD LUCK ANC CONGRATS! :)

Sara K

Anonymous said...

GREAT NEWS! (even though I had to hear it from someone here at work! Small world!) Congratulations - you deserve great things!

Rhonda

Miranda said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy to hear your news...what a blessing!