Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thankful Thursdays...

Today, I am thankful for...

1. A long weekend! We are going to try to get baby Ella's room put together this weekend. Lots of exciting things to paint and put together!

2. I go to the doctor today for my 28 week check. I did my glucose tolerance test on Tuesday, so I will get the results of that and hopefully find out if another ultrasound is needed. I have been feeling good, just very tired in the evenings, but I suppose that is to be expected!

3. Beautiful weather. We are loving the nice weather around here!

4. Matthew's tantrums... yes, our little guy has figured out how to throw a fit! So far, they are few and far between, and although I am thankful they have all happened at home, I am also grateful that our little guy is figuring out how to express himself. He is also figuring out that tantrums are not a good way to get what he wants. This morning he was having a bit of fit getting his diaper changed. I decided to just put him down on the floor and let him have his moment. I started to walk out of the room and before I even got to the hallway he had stopped and was looking at me like, "Well, that didn't work very well did it?" Needless to say, we accomplished the diaper change without anymore tears! Hooray for small victories!

5. Christmas shopping. I have decided to start Christmas shopping. Yesterday, I figured out the budget and made a quick list of some early ideas. I figure I will not be at all in the mood to take part in the hustle and bustle with a newborn this year. I am going to try to have most everything done prior to having baby Ella!

Enjoy the long weekend!

0 comments: