Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thankful Thursdays...

Today, I am thankful for...

1. Matthew being a kid. There are many moments in everyday when I find myself on the verge of raising my voice, and there are definitely moments when I do, in fact, raise my voice, but for the most part, I realize that Matthew is just a little boy who is exploring his world. So today, when he dumped an entire pitcher of water on the floor (that Daddy left at home for him to play with), I just smiled as I watched him play in the puddle in the middle of my living room floor. I heard a pastor say once that we have to determine the difference between when our children are acting childish and just being children. This afternoon, I decided Matthew was just being a child. Mommy and Daddy are cleaning the carpets this weekend anyway, so I figure we just got a head start!

2. Our anniversary... tomorrow is our 5 year anniversary! I can't believe it has been 5 whole years already. Our lives have changed a great deal over the past 5 years, but we still make each other laugh and enjoy spending time together. If I had it to do all over again, I would marry Ryan in a second! He is a terrific husband and Matthew just adores him!

3. Last night Matthew and Ryan were folding laundry (Ryan was folding, Matthew was unloading and reloading clothes baskets as quickly as possible) when the doorbell rang. It was our neighbor girl selling volleyball booster cards. Ryan took off for the door and his little shadow followed right behind. What I didn't realize until we got to the door was that Matthew had my underwear in his hand to greet the world!

4. Ceiling fans. I did not have any ceiling fans in the house I grew up in, but Ryan and I have run a ceiling fan in our room every night since we got married. WE LOVE IT! I definitely like it now that I am pregnant and much warmer than usual. I find it very difficult to sleep without one these days. Amazing how you can become so attached to something.

5. All is set for Ella's delivery on November 18th. The plan is for her to make her entrance into the world around 11:30 AM that morning. We are getting very excited and looking forward to meeting this little bundle of joy!

Have a great weekend!

0 comments: