Monday, September 28, 2009

Pay it Forward

Well, the move is complete. Today, the moving men came to my office and hauled all my stuff to my new space. It was quite an ordeal. I had a full schedule of patients to see in my disheveled old office while they were trying to move huge filing cabinets full of patient files at the same time. I never knew I had so much stuff in one small space. I was without a computer or phone for most of the day, so it was a bit overwhelming once everything was up and running again. The best part of my day came when I walked into my old office one last time to find Debrand truffles sitting there. A team member brought them to me for helping her out last week! What a beautiful surprise! Sometimes I wonder how this world would be different if we all took a moment each day to surprise someone else??? Her act of kindness left me feeling like showing others random acts of kindness this afternoon. I wonder if each of us did just one nice, unexpected thing for someone today, how they might respond and what the ripple effect might be. It's worth a try, don't you think?

0 comments: