Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thankful Thursdays...

Today, I am thankful for...

1. Scrapbooking. I have not actually done scrapbooking since I was in college. I made a scrapbook for Ryan that chronicled our dating life up until we were engaged. Then, I went on hiatus. Thankfully, Ryan's cousin, Cara, has done Matthew's entire first year for us as a gift! HUGE BLESSING! Now, I am going to try to keep up with important milestones/events in his life from here on! I am also thinking about getting a book started for baby #2, but I am hesitant since we aren't sure of the sex. I am looking forward to having a creative outlet again!

2. Fall decor. I am going to try to get my house decorated for fall this weekend! I love pumpkins and leaves and my house just happens to be painted in fall colors! I can't wait to get all my little gourds out! :)

3. NAP TIME!!! I did not let Matthew take a morning nap this morning... I am not sure we are ready for that transition yet, but I thought I would try it on a day when I didn't have too much planned. He was quite the little trooper, even as we made a trip to Michaels. Now, he is sleeping and I am hoping he takes a nice long nap!

4. A meeting that went well. I requested a meeting with my bosses earlier this week to discuss some things that were causing increased stress in my life! It could not have gone any better! Best news of all... my office is moving to a beautiful new location! I am meeting with the Plant Ops guy in the morning for a walk-through! I can't wait to have a new office and a separate space to see my patients! YIPPEE!!!

5. An official name for baby #2... as long as baby #2 is a girl! I really wanted to use family names for this baby like we did for Matthew, but as we previously posted, we really could not agree on what to use. So... this is what we have decided. My maternal grandmother's name was Esther... and although I loved her dearly, I really couldn't bring myself to name my child Esther. So, we started looking for names that started with "E." My paternal grandmother's name was Marcella... again, not going to name my child Marcella. Ryan's maternal grandmother's name is Joyce. We had decided that the baby's middle name would be Joy to honor Grandma Kessie, but we could not decide on a first name... then it dawned on me... thanks to my sister's suggestion... Why not name the baby Ella? It starts with "E" and it is the end of Marc"ella." Why didn't I think of that??? We had liked Ella previously when we thought we were having a girl, but had not really even considered it this time around. So, that's how we arrived at our little girl's name. We will name her Ella Joy. Now, if it ends up being a boy we will have to start all over again, but for now we are calling her Ella! Hope you like it!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Love the name Ella! It had been on our short list, too! :)

Anonymous said...

No list for me, but I really like it. I think its great your keeping family in mind! Should make everyone happy as well!!

Side note: Marcella is a BIG name to live up to!! :>)
Nikki

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard at Nikki's post! Very true! And LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name idea...Ella is so cute!
<3 Mollie