Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thankful Thursdays...

Today, I am thankful for...

1. Hospice. We placed my grandma on hospice yesterday. She is still living with my parents and the hospice team is now coming several times per week to check on her. This is an incredible service and we are hoping they will help keep grandma comfortable as she approaches the end of this life.

2. Chris. She is our hospice case manager. She has been at my parent's home yesterday and today to check on grandma. She coordinates the care and sets up visits from other staff members as needed. They even have a massage therapist and a music therapist who will come for visits if desired.

3. Laura. She is a CNA who came today to give grandma a bath. She was wonderful and was so gentle and caring.

4. Terry. He is the guy who delivers all the needed supplies. He has brought us two different beds (the first one was not firm enough for grandma), a wheelchair, oxygen, a nebulizer... the list goes on. He is very friendly and most helpful in teaching my mom how everything works.

5. My mom! She has been a saint throughout this process. Grandma has been living with them for the past 5 months and mom has been her primary caregiver. I know grandma is very grateful for all she has done... it has been a long road for them both!

0 comments: