Monday, September 8, 2008

Confessions of a New Mommy

There are a few things I didn't realize about motherhood before embarking on this journey. I typically like to think of myself as a well-informed, well educated woman, however, I am learning something new everyday. Here are a few of my latest life lessons...

1. Breast pumps leave little to the imagination. The first time I used this lovely device, I am pretty sure I looked like Bessie the Cow. I am certainly thankful to have this piece of machinery, but unfortunately modesty has gone by the wayside!

2. Little boys spray pee all over the place! I grew up with a sister, so we were way more into Barbies and dolls and had little knowledge about the anatomy of little boys! I have had to take cover on more than one occasion and have learned the hard way to make sure you point it south before diapering!

3. Puke comes in all forms. Our little guy is a "spitter" as they call it at the pediatrician's office. He has shown us a variety of different textures and forms of the nasty stuff. My favorite was last night when he soaked Ryan's shirt with the cottage-cheese like version!

I am sure there will be more life lessons along the way... hopefully not all of them contain a bodily fluid! Have a great day!

0 comments: