Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Week 8 Update

Well, I had my first doctor's appointment today. It was just a meeting with the nurse to update my history, answer lots of questions, and get orders for a set of labs that I will have before my next appointment. I also got a prescription for some nausea medicine (HOORAY!). It's too early to listen to the heartbeat without doing an ultrasound, and my physician will not do an ultrasound until 20 weeks unless there is a reason to. I guess at this point, no news is good news. My next appointment is January 30th and they think they will be able to hear the heartbeat by then with a doppler. I hope so!
Otherwise classes started yesterday, so I am trying to juggle clinicals and work and a little housework in between somewhere (which Ryan can tell you I have totally dropped the ball on lately)! I am very tired, but seem to be holding up pretty well so far!
For those of you who were concerned about our baby having a tail last week, during week 8, the tail nearly disappears and our baby has grown to the size of a kidney bean! I am wondering how many different food references there will be to the size of the baby! Hopefully, one week soon, Flurry will be the size of a scoop of icecream or a cheeseburger! YUM!

0 comments: