Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Weekend Away

Last weekend I had the opportunity to spend some time away. I was invited by a friend to come to "Scrap Camp." The camp took place at Camp Crosley in North Webster, IN. I worked for several summers at Camp Adventure and attended different camps all the way through high school, so camping is in my genes. I left on Friday night after class and headed up to camp. The whole purpose of the weekend was to provide an opportunity for busy women to take a step away and catch up on a creative outlet. The weekend was fantastic! I was able to get caught up on all of our family scrapbooks and spend time with some amazing women. But, the best part of the weekend: breathing deeply.

Breathing deeply?

Yes. From the moment I stepped out of my vehicle on Friday afternoon until I packed up shop on Sunday morning, I was breathing deeply. Breathing in the crisp, cool air. Soaking up the stories and lives of the other women there. Enjoying every minute, down to the weak, cold shower after only 3 hours sleep. Staying up late because we were having too much fun to go to bed. Pausing out on the deck to take in the beautiful view of the icy lake. Laughing so hard I cried. Being responsible only for myself for the first time in 3+ years.

Don't get me wrong... I love being a wife/mommy. I could hardly wait to get back home to my kids and scoop them up and love on them. But, the deep breaths I was able to take on my time away were refreshing. Enlightening. Uplifting. I was reminded to take time everyday to breathe deeply, to take a moment and step back, to put life in perspective. I came home renewed and refreshed, ready to play, ready to love, ready to live deeply.

I am so grateful that I have a husband who recognizes how important these moments are for me. I am so thankful I can take some time for me and not be made to feel guilty about it before, during, or afterward. I hope all of you have the opportunity to breathe deeply. Not next year. Not next week. Not tomorrow. Right now. In the midst of your chaos. Take a moment... Breathe.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I love your blogs?!?!?

Heidi