Saturday, February 5, 2011

Applesauce

Ok, first batch of applesauce complete. I just followed a recipe on the internet I could find and then added marshmallows as a starting point to see. Original recipe:

8 apples cored, peeled, and chopped
1/2 c sugar
1 t cinnamon
1 1/2 cups water
Bring to boil and let cook for 15-20 minutes or until apples are tender. This is where I added a couple handfuls of marshmallows to let them melt. Once cooled, put in blender and puree.

I think the next time I will amend this recipe as follows:

8 apples (I used red ones)
NO sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1 1/2 cups water
Several handfuls of marshmallows
Cook the same.

The first batch tastes really good, but is a little sweet and cinnamony for me. I think taking the sugar away and maybe adding a few more marshmallows will give it the good Grandma flavor!

0 comments: