Saturday, February 5, 2011

A little perspective...

I read on a friend's blog today about keeping it real. Thanks, Deanna! So, in the spirit of keeping it real and being authentic, I am going to take a few moments to present to you... the truth:

My husband is currently folding laundry in the laundry room while I am blogging and checking my email (did I mention he does almost all the laundry at our house)??

My dining room floor is littered with Ella's leftovers and we are having company over for dinner tonight.

My goal everyday is for my children to nap for at least 2 hours (definitely more for Mommy than for them).

We were in Warsaw this morning and stopped at the gas station on the way home in the unexpected white out. Instead of spending the gas card we received for Christmas on gas, we bought 2 fountain pops and gummy worms instead!

I ran 3 times this week, but I also ate a dozen cookies one day.

My daughter has my temperment, but don't tell anyone I admitted it!

I often pretend I am asleep on Saturday mornings when our kids wake up before 7, so Ryan gets up with them.

I am teaching a 3 hour lecture this semester and as much as I like to hear myself talk, I am exhausted at the end of the 3 hours!!!

And the one Truth that is more important than any of the rest is that I am a child of God, saved by grace, and nada without Him.

So, that's the truth for today. Happy shoveling!

0 comments: