Wednesday, December 17, 2008

No New Job... Yet!

Well, I had an interview this morning that lasted 1 hour 20 minutes. When the interviewer walked in with 4 pages of questions, I knew I was in for the long haul! The interview was with an organization called Neighborhood Health Clinic. Their mission is to provide healthcare to the underserved population. The interview went well and I should be receiving a phone call the week after Christmas to set up a second interview (this time with the doc). All in all, I felt like the interview went well, and that the job would be a good fit for me. The one drawback is that there would be no health insurance benefit unless I work 30+ hrs/week. Ryan and I are just not willing to do that at this point, but feel that I should carry the health insurance for myself and Matthew due to the high cost to insure me through his work (apparently women in their childbearing years cause high bills for insurance companies!). We are going to wait and see what happens with the other places I applied to, but for now we are probably going to place this opportunity on the backburner. We will continue to pray that the right job comes along and that I can be patient during this waiting process. Thanks for all your prayers and positive thoughts as the search continues!

0 comments: