Monday, December 22, 2008

Answered Prayer

So... the other night I could not sleep. I had been not feeling too well and had slept much during the day, so I guess I just wasn't tired. So, my mind started rambling... it's never a good thing when that happens. I started thinking about all kinds of things, but my mind kept coming back to a new job! If you are a frequent visitor to our blog, you know my recent search for a new job has not really turned up anything that meets the requirements for our family. A little over a week ago, I applied for a job in the Health Services Department at Dupont Hospital in Fort Wayne. As time has gone on, I decided this was probably the best fit for our family, but was trying to leave the details to the Almighty. However, on this particular night, as I lay awake in bed, I couldn't help but think about those details. I said a prayer and asked God that if I was going to hear anything about this job and get a chance at an interview, that I would hear something by today (Monday), and that if I didn't hear anything today, I would realize that He had something better in mind for me. Guess what??? I received a phone call about an hour ago to set a phone interview for tomorrow!!!! I realize this is only an interview and I definitely don't have a new job by any stretch of the imagination, but I am thrilled at the chance to interview. If you think of it tomorrow around 10:15 AM say a little prayer for me... and DON'T call me (at least not until 11 AM when the interview will have definitely ended)!

** For any skeptics out there, I just happened to tell my husband about the little prayer I said the other night, so you can ask him if you don't believe me!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be in my prayers!! God is amazing and we don't give him enough credit sometimes.
Thanks for sharing!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.
Nikki