Monday, March 3, 2008

Cruising Right Along...

Well, it's week 15 and we're off to a good start! I have transitioned almost entirely to maternity clothes at this point except for the occasional pair of oversized sweats that still are comfortable. I really don't feel like I am showing too much, but my regular clothes are definitely not fitting anymore! Some of the maternity tops I have make me look 8 months pregnant, so I will be folding those and putting them away for awhile longer. I am excited to start looking pregnant! I was handing out bulletins at church last week and there was a girl standing in the foyer who hollered in at me, "Hey Jamie! You look pregnant!" I am not sure whether she knew I was pregnant or not, but I was certainly glad that I am with child! Otherwise, I might have had a meltdown right there. It was almost like the time I was checking blood pressures at church and a lady said to me, "Oh my, you've gained weight!" I was not pregnant at the time and I must say her little outburst made me want to cry and scream all at the same time. Instead, I got to pray for her... I asked God to help her be an encouragement and ray of sunshine to all the people she met that day! I think God had his work cut out for him on that one!

Other than my waist size expanding, we are just cruising along. Spaghetti is my favorite food right now (with Prego Fresh Mushroom sauce) and I have started drinking Gatorade (orange) again. I had been drinking this by the gallon early on in my pregnancy, but took a brief hiatus for awhile. Now, Gatorade and milk are my drinks of choice. My doctor told me last week that hopefully by week 20, the nausea and sickness will be completely gone! Trust me, we are counting down and hoping she is right! Hope all is well with everyone! Have a great week!

1 comments:

Steve & Jen said...

Enjoy this stage of liking looking pregnant while it lasts. At week 33 I have officially reached the point of feeling like a whale and poor Steve is left dealing with my meltdowns about maternity clothes no longer fitting. We are so excited for you and hope to see you this summer sometime (maybe at Greg's wedding??).