Sunday, February 10, 2008

A New Experience


FAIR WARNING!!! THIS POST IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART! I love putting stuff like that at the beginning of posts because even those people who probably shouldn't read what I have to say cannot possibly resist the urge to read it anyway!

I was getting ready to leave work around 3:30 this morning and I didn't feel very good. Since this has become a typical experience over the last several weeks, I decided to start home and thought I could talk myself out of getting sick. Well... as I was veering onto I-69 I decided there was no way I was going to make it. Since it was so early in the morning, I did not want to pull off the road and throw up because I thought there might be a police officer who pulled me over because he/she thought I had been partying a little too hard, and I was not in the mood to try to explain myself. So, I pulled out my trusty Lutheran Hospital cup and proceeded to throw up as I was driving down 69 at 70 mph! Well, I threw up several times, each time making my deposit in the cup, until the last time! I went to grab the cup and before I knew it, there it was, fresh puke all over the front of me! What a mess! By now, I am ready to get off 69 and onto US 30 and I had nothing in the car to wipe myself off with. So, I decided to drive to the rest area (which I know and have been reminded several times that this was probably not the safest decision, however, desperate times call for desperate measures). I walked into the rest stop, dumping my cup in the grass as I went and, of course, there were no PAPER TOWELS! So, I proceeded to wipe myself off with toilet paper and wash my cup out for the rest of the journey home. Luckily, I made it home without having the urge to get sick again. Since this morning, I have stocked my car with paper towel, wet wipes, and a puke basin! I will be prepared the next time little Flurry decides to have a hiccup while I am driving!

0 comments: