Monday, January 31, 2011

A Month of Saving - Last Day

While I must admit, I have been slacking on these posts the last couple days. I also was just looking back over them and noticed that after today, I will have had 25 posts already in 2011. If we post just one more time this year, we will have made it to as many posts as we had in all of 2010. It is the final day of January, so today is the last day I will be putting daily updates on here for awhile. I still have lots of money-saving ideas, but we are going to stick with our current plan for the forseeable future and then maybe add a few more ideas in here and there as we go. So, thank you to those who have been reading along on our journey. I hope maybe you gained an idea or this sparked a thought on how you might save money in your life. What we have found is that our life is really not that different, but our ability to affect the lives of others is what is different. Truthfully, we were not really living beyond our means, but we were also not doing a good job of living within our means. We spent money because there was money in the bank and while it was fun, we realized in the end it wasn't the direction we wanted to go. So, today, my tip is simple: Stick with your gameplan!!!! Whether you are saving for a new car, new house, great trip, college, or some other goal altogether, stay true to the course and have fun along the way. Try to think of ways you can save a few dollars a month and you'll be amazed at how quickly the savings start adding up!!! Who knows, maybe if I get really ambitious, I will do another month focusing on another area of our lives!!! Until then, Happy Saving!!!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

So, inquiring minds want to know.... do you still like the laundry soap? I'm thinking about trying it....

The Peppler Family said...

Yes, we are still using the laundry soap. We did purchase ivory for the next go round since it is white, but no complaints with the dial either. It is probably going to last our family about 1 month. I figured the total cost of the soap is probably around 90 cents for 3+ gallons of soap, so for our family = a BIG savings!