Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Month of Saving Day 8

We have one week of saving under our belt. Let me tell you that really the difference is in our mindset. Our day-to-day living is virtually unchanged. So, today we are focusing on being optimistic. While this has no direct savings, we are finding that as we try new things and experiment with new ideas, it really helps to be optimistic about their outcome. So many people who we have spoken with over the last week have said things like, "I just don't know how you have time to do this." Well, truthfully, one week ago I might have joined them in their thinking. I work 2 part-time jobs and sell Mary Kay on the side. Not to mention, I have 2 small children and a husband who occasionally require some attention. But, after 1 week of being open to change and being positive about the possibility of saving more money, my response has become, "How can you not take time to at least consider how you might save money?" Think about all the ways your family might make a greater impact on the world if you had the means to do so. I can't wait to see what exciting changes we can make this week to not only better our household, but potentially better our world!!! Stay tuned!!!

0 comments: