Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursdays...

Today, we are thankful for...

1. Our crazy little monkey named Matthew. He is into EVERYTHING! It is fairly comical to us that just a couple weeks ago we were wishing he would crawl, and now we are learning very quickly what is NOT baby proof in this house! He's a little explorer and ornery to boot! We just sit back and wonder what he might discover next (looks like it might be the cord that attaches the camera to the computer!).

2. All the toys at our house! Did you know how entertaining a real telephone can be to a 9-month old? Matthew and I play with ours at least once a day! We are discovering that he would rather play with all the things that are not toys!

3. Energy. Some of my energy has found its way back to me over the last week or so. I actually cleaned the kitchen and dining room yesterday! I am sure Ryan is looking forward to some help from me in the weeks ahead.

4. Flowers. My parents picked up our geraniums for us this week at the local Amish farm. Now, if we can just get our garden planted.

5. Matthew's singing. During church on Sunday, he was screaming during the hymns. I thought the older gentleman down the aisle was going to bust a gut laughing at him. We just figure he is auditioning early for the choir! Needless to say, he quickly found himself in the nursery when Mommy and Daddy couldn't get his enthusiasm quieted!

By the way, I was wrong about the camera cord. He ate a piece of paper instead!

Have a great weekend!

0 comments: