Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursdays...

Today, I am thankful for...

1. A job. In the midst of the troubled economy, it is nice to have a job and know that people are going to continue to get sick (unfortunate for them) and be in need of care (fortunate for me). I still haven't heard anything about the interview from last week. I am not sure what that means. I felt pretty good when I left and was told we were moving onto the next stage, but I was supposed to shadow the doc yesterday and never heard from the lady to confirm that, so.... I think I am going to wait until tomorrow to call again and then if I still don't hear back I will just chalk it up to good interview experience and move on. I am not sure when I will become a nuisance, but I am also not going to wait around forever and let other jobs pass me by while I wait.

2. The Culligan Man. I think I might have posted this awhile back on a Thankful Thursday, but we LOVE our Culligan man! He just delivered me more salt this morning and it is so nice to know that our tank is happy and full!

3. Our organized storage room. Ryan and I spent two evenings awhile back organizing our storage "shed" as we call it. Now, all of the tubs have numbers and we have a typed list of what each tub contains... it is so nice to send Ryan to the basement and tell him to bring tub #44 up for me. Yes, we do have 50+ tubs of stuff (Christmas decor, table decor, maternity clothes, college stuff, baby clothes that Matthew can't wear anymore, etc)

4. Organic food. Ryan and I have decided to go "organic" at our house. Tonight we are going to the grocery store to buy some new food items and get rid of some of the junk we have been consuming recently. We are going to try to do it a little at a time, so that our bodies don't go into shock, but our goal is to eat more whole foods (fruits and veggies) and avoid highly processed food. We are hoping this will be a change we can live with, but I am sure we will be posting more as we discover how different it is to eat some carrots instead of a carton of Chips Ahoy!

5. Gordman's. We went to this department store yesterday for the first time! Holy Cow! It is huge and has just about everything! We spent almost 2 hours in there and definitely didn't see everything! I am sure we will be going sometime. Definitely impressed with their home decor section! I bought several Christmas gifts... including Matthew's GOLD gift! SHHHH! It's a secret!One drawback to the store was that it was very difficult to get through with a stroller. The salespeople said that it was just because it was Christmastime, but I definitely would not want to try to navigate through that place when it is busy!

This was a really long Thankful Thursday! Guess I have a lot to be thankful for!

Have a great weekend!

0 comments: