Friday, November 21, 2008

Taking the Good with the Bad...

I finally received a phone call back from the office manager where I interviewed last week. There is good news and there is bad news. The good news: they feel like I am a great fit for their office, they eliminated the other candidate during the interview process, they want me to come and shadow next week. The bad news: there is a physician in Warsaw who is interested in coming to the southwest office (where I interviewed) starting in February. The original plan for this office was to fill an NP position (me) in December and then bring another doctor on in September 09. However, this doc is possibly interested in starting in February. The office manager told me she did not want to bring me on board and then not have enough work for me if the doc starts in Feb. So.... I am going to go ahead with the shadowing next Wednesday and hope that goes well... The office manager feels strongly that an NP is a better fit for what their office needs right now, however, I kind of got the impression that if the doc chooses this office then there is really no decision to be made. If you're the praying type, would you join us in praying about this position. It would be a great starting point for me, however, there seem to be a few hoops to jump through first! I am going to continue to pursue this position as well as any other positions that might become available. We will keep you posted as we learn more!

0 comments: