Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful Fridays...

Today, I am thankful for...

1. Gas! My dad had gas last night for the first time, so they are advancing his diet today! He is allowed to have broth now! HOORAY for gas!

2. Nap time. Our little one was a little out of sorts this morning and is finally napping! We LOVE nap time on mornings like these!

3. An out of the ordinary Thanksgiving. Since my dad is in the hospital, we did not celebrate Turkey Day with my family yesterday. We had breakfast with Ryan's family (a tradition) and then went to the hospital to see my mom and dad. Then, we put up our Christmas tree and my sister and I tackled my mom's tree yesterday evening. It was a productive day, but I am sure we did not consume 4000-6000 calories as they say is the average for people on an ordinary Thanksgiving!

4. Bison. I made our first meal with bison today for lunch. We haven't tried it yet, but we are looking forward to seeing if we like this healthier alternative to beef.

5. Rest. I was able to sleep in this morning thanks to Ryan getting up with Matthew. It was so nice to be able to sleep until 8 since I get to go to work tonight!

Have a great weekend!

0 comments: