Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Arrival Arrangements

Ella is still slated to arrive on November 18th around 11:30, although I can honestly say I wouldn't mind an earlier delivery if she so desires. That said, there are a few things that are different this time around with the emergence of H1N1. Matthew will not be allowed to come to the hospital to visit at all while I am there. No one under the age of 18 is allowed in the hospital unless it is for a medical procedure. Although I understand why this new policy is in place, I am dreading leaving him for a couple days. Also, there is a 2-visitor policy at the hospital that only allows 2 visitors to come in at a time. With this news, we are trying to warn people ahead of time that if you plan to come to the hospital please be aware of these changes. Also, since Matthew will not be allowed in to see me, I am planning to come home after 48 hours instead of the usual 72-96 allowed after a c-section. If all goes as planned, we will go in on Wednesday morning, and I hope to be coming home by Friday afternoon. We look forward to introducing Ella to the world, however, it may be a little different this time around!

1 comments:

Deanna said...

Do you guys use Skype? Even though our boys were able to visit us in the hospital, it definitely helped during the times when they were just missin' mom and dad when we weren't together.... just a thought! I understand the restrictions, too, but I am so sorry about the fact that you won't be able to see Matthew for a few days. So, so hard....