Thursday, March 10, 2011

Do you ever get bent out of shape?

Do you ever get bent out of shape? I mean seriously, do you ever REALLY get bent out of shape? Occasionally, I read something that makes my skin crawl and I can't help but respond. Occasionally, I fly off the handle when I should have just held on and kept my mouth shut. Occasionally, I let my emotions take over and blow a situation WAAAAY out of proportion. It's not like I want to get bent out of shape, but sometimes it isn't in my DNA to just sit back and take it. For example, there are moments when I am at work and an email comes across my desk and it completely changes the mood of the day. Or, when we have had a really great day at home until Ella dumps the remote control car remote into the fish bowl. Or, perhaps when we are out somewhere and my kiddos decide to be toddlers and someone offers us unsolicited advice. Yes, these things happen pretty much everyday. Most days I am controlled. Most days I smile and nod and move on. Most days I don't give these things a second thought. MOST days I can handle it. And then it happens. Who knows if it is because it is the 5th such email that day or the 10th person to tell me my children aren't perfect, but once in awhile I bark back. Once in awhile, I tell the lady on the back row of church who tells me that my 2 year old son would be happier in the nursery to "Bug off!" Maybe it's the Mommy in me. Maybe it's my personality. Maybe it's my time of the month. Maybe it's because I am a woman. While some of these situations are not my brightest moments, I don't think I would have it any other way. There is something to be said for defending yourself, your spouse, your kids, your job. There is something important about knowing when right is right and wrong is wrong. I hope I am not the only one who occasionally gets bent out of shape; who sometimes gets on a soapbox about something I believe in; who once in awhile takes a stand for what is right. I hope you're having the kind of day that is filled with flowers and frills; but just in case you're not, I hope you have the strength to take a stand!

By the way, I had this entire post almost finished and hit a button that deleted everything. You want to talk about getting bent out of shape!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Jamie!! I couldn't have said it better!!! Your an amazing mom, wife, nurse, and friend...keep being you!!!
Nikki