Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

Wow! It's really been quite awhile since I posted anything on Thankful Thursdays, but I thought I would jump back in!

Today, I am thankful for...

1. Temper tantrums. Now, don't ask me this in the midst of the fit itself, but I am glad that my children are growing and developing on schedule and with that comes some fits. We have at least 1 minor meltdown everyday and sometimes a major meltdown thrown into the mix. I am most thankful when these little tantrums happen at home so we don't have to display our wonderful toddlerisms in front of an audience, but regardless I am grateful my children have thoughts and feelings they feel comfortable displaying for us.

2. A wonderful husband who is a great parenting partner. He is great at jumping in and helping or taking over when Mommy is running low on patience. Our kids LOVE their Daddy!!!

3. My job. There are days when I am frustrated by my job and all it entails, but I am grateful to have a job and work with a great group of people! Makes going to work so much better!

4. Coupons. We have been somewhat hesitant to use coupons here because we don't want to get in the habit of buying it just because it is on coupon. But, somewhat cautiously we started clipping coupons a few weeks ago and loading them on our Kroger card, and last Friday was our first attempt with having a coupon for almost everything we purchased. We saved > 40% at the grocery store last week using coupons. We only bought what we needed for the next 2 weeks' meals and snacks. Tonight, we were running low on snacks and cereal, so Ryan went to the grocery and bought 14 boxes of General Mills cereal, Nature Valley granola bars, Golden Grahams snack bars, 2 boxes of Weight Watcher frozen treats, 1 Jello Temptations desserts, and bananas for around $35. It was a 50% savings!!! If you're in the mood for cereal, we've gotcha covered. We are getting ready to purchase a better organizational method for our coupons, but we are excited about the savings.

5. Spring! Hallelujah!!!

0 comments: