Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

Today, I am thankful for...

1. Food coloring. A long shot turned into a sure thing. On Tuesday at work I was thinking about what we could do to help teach Matthew how to use the potty. I was thinking about how much he likes colors. He is very into mixing colors and remembering what 2 colors change into (e.g., red and yellow make orange, blue and red make purple). It hit me! Maybe we could use food coloring in the toilet to make Matthew more interested in it. I know it seems gross, but hey, after our last potty training adventure, I was willing to try just about anything. It has worked like a charm. NO ACCIDENTS! 2 1/2 days and we are off and running. I am not about to think that we are completely out of the woods, but this experience has almost been pleasanet (I mean, as pleasant as mixing pee into multiple colors can be).
2. An opportunity tomorrow. More on this later.
3. Another opportunity to teach at Huntington University this semester. I am almost done with all the preparations. I am looking forward to having the same students again this semester!!
4. Great weather. We have had some great days lately! Loving playing outside!
5. Fix n freeze meals. Our church started this new program last month and we have 9 meals in our freezer ready to eat! Tonight we had crescent roll pizza! It was fantastic, especially since Mommy had no prep time today to make it!

Have a great week!

0 comments: